10/8/11

MY BIRTHDAY!!!! 21 YEARS OLD!!!

21st Birthday!!! 
Wednesday, September 28th: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Last night I spent the night at my parents hotel so today we could wake up and have to whole day to spend celebrating my birthday! We got up, got ready, and started driving to Kylemore Abbey. Along the way we stopped in a really cute town and found an awesome place for lunch. Mom and I shared fish and chips and muscles and it was delicious! Then we wandered the town for a little while before getting back in the car and heading for the Abbey.

Kylemore Abbey was absolutely beautiful. It was first built as a castle like structure as a gift for someone's wife. Then it was later bought and the inside was redecorated (which is why the inside doesn't look nearly as cool as the outside) and then it became an Abbey for nuns and a boarding school for children. Also, there is an enormous garden and a really cool church! The abbey was exactly what I wanted to see for my birthday! It was so beautiful!


The Abbey









Abbey (very windy)




Kitty in the Garden











Not really a fan of the Donkey








The Garden












Mom and me

Scotty and me












Awe!





Me!







Our lunch spot














After we drove back to Galway so we could all get ready for my birthday night!! When I got back to my apartment I started getting ready when my apartment mates came in and surprised me with presents! It was so sweet!! Elizabeth got a button for my shirt that said "It's my Birthday!" and it was blue and pink which was so perfect! Emily got me a shot glass that said "I <3 Ireland", a wand (the base of which was a glow stick), and a butterfly that went over my key so I didn't lose it :) Also, Siel and Tonya got me 6 really fancy cupcakes! It was so sweet! They also got everyone in the apartment to sign a card for me (which was amazing because I NEVER see one of my roommates but they tracked him down to sign the card haha).


After I was all ready to go Scotty picked me up and brought me back to their hotel where we had dinner. First we started in the bar where we toasted with Champagne and they gave me my birthday present which was a beautiful David Yurman cuff bracelet with two pearls on the end and really little diamonds. I absolutely love it!!! Then we went into the restaurant for dinner. The food was amazing!!! And when I ordered desert it had a candle and in chocolate it said "Happy 21st Birthday!" So fun!!

Then I texted Elizabeth and Emily and they met us at the King Head to start celebrating my birthday! At the King's Head there was live music and two of the waiters got up on stage and did traditional Irish clog dancing which was amazing! Next we went to a bar called Coyote (named after the movie Coyote Ugly) It is Galway's version of an American Bar with USA license plates all over the walls and on weekends a mechanical bull. We only stayed there for a little while before leaving but when we left there was a boy yelling that is was his birthday and so I told him it was mine too and that I was 21...and so was he!!! So fun! Then we ended the night at a bar called Skeffs where there were two guys playing guitars and singing. They were signing songs like "Sweet Home Alabama" to which of course I sang "Sweet Home Delta Gamma". Upon hearing that song I told them it was my birthday and asked if they would see my all time favorite song "American Pie". (All the bar close in Galway at 2am) So as the last song of the night they played American Pie for me! I was so excited!!! BEST BIRTHDAY!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. And...American Pie brought out the whole bar to dance and sing every word with you! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete